Imagine This Scenario:
You are visiting Australia from the United States. You’re having the dream beach holiday on the east coast. It’s been the dream vacation you’ve had for as long as you can remember. You are taking surf lessons and you’re finally getting the hang of it. You’re making your way through the book you’ve been meaning to read for months. You end each day with a lovely refreshing Gin & Tonic while you watch the moon’s reflection on the water.
Sounds idyllic right?
Then one day…
You head off to the shops to pick up some groceries and you’re in a car accident. You aren’t seriously hurt but you have a broken leg. All of a sudden your holiday plans change.
You get a phone call from your family in the United States who tell you: “Mom’s in hospital. She has had a heart attack. The doctors … well, we don’t know what’s going on.” All of a sudden your holiday plans change.
You are exploring the nearby rock pools and don’t see the very venomous blue-ringed octopus in the shallow water. It stings your foot. You’re airlifted to hospital. All of a sudden your holiday plans change.
You’re enjoying those surf lessons so you decide to try it on your own. You head out early in the morning, but you don’t notice the shark that’s been lurking for the last hour or so. He takes a bite out of your surfboard and part of your leg. (O.K., so this is an unlikely scenario, but you never know… sharks like the tourists in Australia.) All of a sudden your holiday plans change.
If you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel.
I am a BIG fan of World Nomads.I’ve used them for the last two years for my various jaunts overseas. Thankfully I haven’t had to use them for any claims, BUT I do know of travellers who have and they allrecommend them for their stellar customer service.
When I have had a question on something weird, prior to travel, they are quick to respond and they don’t make me feel like an idiot for asking.
5 Reasons I Recommend WorldNomads.com
- The product is straight forward and it is very easy to purchase.
- You know exactly what you are getting, before you hit the ‘buy’ button.
- They aren’t ‘sleazy insurance guys’. I would not be handing over my hard earned money if they were!
- Some credit cards cover travel insurance but if you look at the fine print, they may cover only the basics. I looked at my credit card and it does cover travel insurance but only the basics and if Murphy’s Law is anything to go by…. So I get my coverage through WorldNomads.com
- There are a ton of ‘travel insurance companies’ out there. I’ve done my research and found WorldNomads.com to be the most robust, easy to use and they cover ALOT. (Even walking over three mountain ranges in Spain and what spectacularly things that may go wrong with that wander!)
- Travel Insurance: Simple & Flexible
Travel Insurance: Simple & Flexible
You can buy and claim online, even after you’ve left home. Travel insurance from WorldNomads.com is available to people from 140 countries. It’s designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities.
7 Things You Should Know About Travel Insurance from WorldNomads.com
- Trusted reliable underwriters
WorldNomads.com is backed by a suite of strong, secure, specialist travel insurers who provide you with great cover, 24 hour emergency assistance and the highest levels of support and claims management when you need it most.
- Value for money with the cover you need
WorldNomads.com provides cover for what’s important for travellers from 140 countries. By focusing on what you need and leaving out what you don’t, World Nomads prices are some of the most competitive online.
- Flexibility when you need it most
Had a change of plans? You can buy more cover or claim online while you are still away. You can even buy a World Nomads policy if you’re already travelling.
- Cover for a range of adventure activities
From skiing & snowboarding in New Zealand to whitewater rafting in Colorado, WorldNomads.com covers a range of adventure activities, giving you peace of mind to get the most from your travels.
- World Nomads keeps you travelling safely
All WorldNomads.com members have access to up-to-date travel safety alerts, as well as travel safety advice and tips online through the World Nomads Travel Safety Hub.
- More than just great value travel insurance
All WorldNomads.com members can learn the local lingo through a series of iPod & iPhone Language Guides and can stay in touch with family and friends with an online travel journal.
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
We want to make sure you get the most from WorldNomads.com. You can find out more about why travel insurance is important for your trip. If you have any questions about your travel insurance or travel safety in general, please contact WorldNomads.com directly.
5 More Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance From World Nomads.com
- They are backed by specialist insurers and global assistance partners
- You can buy online, even if you’ve already left home
- You can buy more cover and claim online while travelling
- They covers a range of adventure sports and activities
- In purchasing, you can give a little back and support a community development project
Ready to travel? Start here…
PLEASE NOTE: Affiliate links were used in this post. I do not promote any brand I have not used or experienced myself or had recommended highly to me. All opinions are my own. Please follow our advice at your own risk. By clicking these links allows this website to continue running. For that, I thank you.