Books can unlock the world to us. They can put us exactly in a time and place and explore surroundings along with the characters. We can almost taste what our characters are eating. Smell the flowers around them. Feel the pain of loss when they leave.
I don’t know about you but after reading a great travel book, I’m ready to pack my bags! These are a few that have made me add some destinations to my already expansive Living List.
What You Can Find in This Post:
- 1 Sahara
- 2 Slow Journey South
- 3 360 Degrees Longitude: One Family’s Journey Around the World
- 4 The Yellow Envelope
- 5 Tales of a Female Nomad: Living at Large in the World
- 6 Tracks: One Woman’s Journey Across 1,700 Miles of Australian Outback
- 7 Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail
- 8 Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman’s Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia
- 9 Annie Freeman’s Fabulous Traveling Funeral
- 10 Empress Orchid